What is the Senior Citizen Deferral?
Under Minnesota Statutes, Section 435.193 to 435.195, the South St. Paul City Council may, in its discretion, defer the payment of these special assessments for any homestead property owned by a person 65 years of age or older for whom it would be hardship to make the payments. When deferment of the special assessments has been granted and is terminated for any reason provided by law, all amounts accumulated, plus applicable interest, become due. Any assessed property owner meeting the requirements of this law and Ordinance No. 746, adopted under it, may apply to the City Clerk on the prescribed form for such deferral of payments of these special assessments. If you qualify and wish a deferment, then contact the City Clerk at (651)554-3204.

Show All Answers

1. When do I pay my assessment?
2. Is there a Senior Citizen discount on assessments?
3. How do I find levied assessment information?
4. What is the assessment policy?
5. What is the Senior Citizen Deferral?
6. What is a Proposed Public Improvement Hearing?
7. Improvement Hearings - how do they occur?
8. Why have Public Improvement Hearings, especially when the Council initiates the proposal?
9. Improvement Hearings - how many votes are required to order an improvement?