The city bills water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and street light service on a quarterly basis. Wet Industries are billed on a monthly basis.
Your utility bill is divided into two parts. The left side lists your services and billed amounts and is to be retained for your records. The right side of the billing should be returned with your payment. The total balance due is listed in the shaded area of your bill.
Additional information listed on your bill includes previous balance and payment applied. The shaded area on your bill includes the following:
- Account Number - Number to identify your account
- Billing date - Current billing date
- Current reading - This is the current read for this billing
- Previous reading - Previous read from last billing
- Service Address - Address being billed
- Usage / Gallons - Current usage for which you are being billed. This is in 1,000 gallons
When paying your bill the city accepts checks, cash, and money orders only. For payments by mail, tear off the right half and mail it to:
The City of South St. Paul
125 Third Ave. N.
South St. Paul, MN 55075
If you wish to pay your bill in person, please bring your payment to the first floor of City Hall, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For your convenience, there is also a 24-hour drop box located at the rear entrance to City Hall.
- Previous Reading - This is the date and read taken three months earlier
- Current Reading - This is the current reading and date read. Your meter measures the water you use in thousand of gallons. The difference between your previous read and your current reading is the amount of water you have used during the billing period.
Example: Previous read 710, current read 716, usage 6, means that you have used 6,000 gallons of water for the billing period.